No One Influenced Me To Leave YBNL – Lil Kesh

EVER SINCE ARTISTE, LIL KESH, ANNOUNCED
VIA HIS INSTAGRAM PAGE THAT HE HAS LEFT
YBNL, THE RECORD LABEL OF HIS
MENTOR,OLAMIDE, SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE
HAD DIVERSE OPINIONS ABOUT THE YOUNG
CHAP.
While many said that he was ill-advised by those
he surrounded himself with, others opined that
his career was not ripe for such a move as they
said it would affect him adversely.
But in a chat with Saturday Beat, the rapper
explained why he took the decision.



He said, “People are still getting it wrong; no peer
group or friends pressurised me to leave YBNL.
To set the record straight, I don’t move with any
other crew other than YBNL; so who would
possibly want to influence me? Nobody. It has
always been Olamide’s dream that we all grow
big in the industry; Olamide had shared the idea
with me before I even thought of it. I am still
very much around in the industry and good stuff
is still going to come out from my stable and
YBNL.
“The fact that I am floating my own label does not
matter, neither does it mean that I am no longer
under YBNL. That is where a lot of people are
getting it wrong. Olamide and Lil Kesh
movement are still managing me as an artiste and
the fact that I have my own label simply means
that YAGI Records is being managed by YBNL. We
are still together; I and Olamide still record in the
same studio and work with same set of producers.
As you all know that YBNL is a family thing and
we all support one another.”

Known for the lewd lyrics in his songs, the 22-
year-old said that people should not be deceived
as he is a very religious person. He said that he is
from a strong Christian background and he had
never forgotten his roots.

While describing himself as a church boy, the
singer said, “I don’t joke with my creator; despite
all the whole celebrity thing; this life doesn’t
freak me, I always remember where I came from
and how far God has positioned me because my
story is a testimony; what excuse do I have not to
praise my creator?”

When asked if he knew that people perceived
him to be a pompous fellow, he said that it was
hard to believe because he hardly goes out.
“There are places where you go and people tell
you Lil Kesh is a good guy while there are some
places that will feed you with negative comments.

That is all part of the life of a star. There are
times I have a very bad day and barely smile;
maybe that’s one of the days those people meet
me, or maybe I am at an event with a crowd of
over 5,000 people, you don’t expect me to take
pictures with them all even though I am willing
to do that. My manager sometimes restricts me
when he sees that the crowd is becoming too
unbearable. I am a human being and I can’t
satisfy everybody.

Let me seize this opportunity to say I am sorry;
maybe you caught up with me on a very wrong
day. Lil Kesh is cool headed, playful and down to
earth,” the rapper said.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »